Onboard

The subject of “Reputation” as been posted once before in August by Beechwood Chip. The replies turned into a humor fest, so the question never really got answered.

What is the “Reputation” about? I see in my profile that it reads “Reputation: 4” and underneath that it says “neutral”. What does the “neutral” refer to and what other labels are there? My “Reputation” was originally “0” now it’s “4”. Is that good and how did it get from “0” to “4”?

Of course, I’m curious. I can certainly see there is a lot of room for humor here, and that’s okay, but it would be nice to have an answer as well.

Thanks much.

• Like 1

it is a rating system. if you look at the bottom right of each persons post where there is a green circle with a plus in it that is where your reputation can grow from.

Thank you Tyler. Now I know. I looked in the Help section, but found nothing regarding my questions. Would you happen to know where the “neutral” label comes from as well and how that may be changed? Actually, I’m not even sure what the “neutral” refers to or what other options there are. Hey, I’m the one who always asks the dumb questions in class, so go easy on me.

• Like 2

yea from my history of using forums and such i rarely see the rep system being used. its mainly for letting people know who are reputable and who's not but since i have not seen much use on a lot of sites its probably just one of those pointless things. but beechwood has the right idea of how it works. normally there would be a minus sign but since that must be disabled you can only increase or leave as is. Either way if you find someones post helpful give them a little plus

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...