Variety is the spice of life

petersb

There seems to be such a large variety of different people here all gathered together under one unbrella, woodworking. It's pretty obvious what we have in common but what about what we may not.

It would be nice to see a list of everyones age, occupation, place of residence.

I will start.

Lineman (powerlines)

Washington State, USA

Bobby Slack - Married to Mary Kay

Two dogs: Gaucho (chocolate labrador) Banjo (brindle boxer).

I believe America is the melting pot so that is why I have one dog who represents the Pampas from Argentina and the other one represents the most American instrument.

Age 47

Occupation . Owner of Gaucho Woodworking

Residence. Winter and spring - Redondo Beach, CA

Summer - Pitkin, Colorado (Gunnison County) where my wife and I are building our mountain cabin .... I miss it.

Hobbies. Backpacking. Playing Guitar and Mandolin (badly). Four wheel driving. Grilling (Argentinean Gaucho) also Paella. Road biking.

Passion. My Wife. Woodworking. Backpacking. Music. Tennis.

What I want out of people? Be Genuine.

Born in Doylestown, PA ... Grew up in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Vic Hubbard

Married - Sylvia

Interests - design, woodworking, photography, good beer, good brandy, cooking, hiking, and music.

Occupation - energy efficiency consultant

Age - 47

Animals (kids) - 3 dogs- Bisket, Shelby and Zoe and one cat ChiChi

There seems to be such a large variety of different people here all gathered together under one unbrella, woodworking. It's pretty obvious what we have in common but what about what we may not.

It would be nice to see a list of everyones age, occupation, place of residence.

I will start.

Lineman (powerlines)

Washington State, USA

Do you work for the FBI or something? :)

I will start.

Lineman (powerlines)

Washington State, USA

Looks like I will have to add to mine just so I can keep up with the others.

Married to Michele, my highschool sweetie. 7 kids, 4 boys, 3 girls.

Got a dog, 2 birds, fish and had some chickens but the bald eagles and coyotes ate them all.

Other interest is airguns.

Do you work for the FBI or something? :)

Well my girlfriend does :P.

Kevin

Age 40

Single (but in a relationship, and yes she really does work for the FBI)

Network Consultant (aka traveling monkey)

1 dog named Stink

Finally warming up in Dallas, TX after freezing my butt of the last week in London (and trying to get a flight out of Heathrow).

Keep in mind that this is not just for the forum - all this stuff is indexed by Google, so it's available to anyone who's curious, or who just stumbles across it. My day job makes me more aware of cyber and data crime than most people. By the way, full name + date of birth + city can be enough for identity theft.

Home: Philadelphia

Single

Enjoys Philly's theater (ComedySportz, 1812, Ladies and Gentlemen)

Wishes my basement shop had more headroom

I'm past 55 and that's all I'm saying

I run a small construction company, i.e., I'm effectively unemployed but can't draw benefits

Been married for 33 years, have a son ten years older than his sister and a daughter(Daddy's Spoiled Rotten Princess :rolleyes: ) that will graduate from UGA (GO DAWGS!) next semester

I live in the NW Atlanta 'burbs in a house that was built in the early '70's and has no mortgage. I'm doing all I can to keep it from falling down...

My retirement plan is a massive heart attack :blink:

Me in a nutshell: I play guitar, work on my photography and woodworking, flyfish, and try to keep the business going, the kid in school and the house standing. In my spare time I goof around on the Skynets, drink fine Canadian whiskey and single-barrel bourbon and, weather permitting, cook on my Webers.

Bill