Off Grid Shop Power?

jeffpNC

20 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Supercaps are used in some automotive applications where brief surges of high current are required.

I say forget solar: http://climateerinvest.blogspot.com/2012/05/surviving-in-your-doomsday-bunker-with.html?m=1

The automotive applications mostly involve making it easier for vehicle owners to annoy a larger number of people with their bone-shattering subwoofers.

As for the nuclear option...I'm not a "prepper", just an engineer and a guy who isn't rich enough to want to pay "the man" for my power for the next 10 to 40 years (depending upon how long this old body lasts).

Having some experience around solar homes, you are likely vastly overestimating the recovery speed and underestimating real world fluctuation. Even with full day exposure, winter shortens the exposure cycle and leads to a lower amount of generated energy to be banked. Make sure all calculations are figured on those minimums and not the engineer's bane of existence that is some average. 

• Like 1