Chopsticks

JosephThomas

JT. Another way to make them would be to laminate 3 pieces of wood together with the one in the middle being the thickness and taper you want, mill your wood to that thickness, then put the blank in, plane it down. Then rotate it 90 degrees, plane again. Then rotate 90 degrees and place a shim under it that is twice the thickness of the amount of material removed and plane again, rotate one last time and plane. Then curse because what I said made no damn sense without a video.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edit:

You could also route a groove the thickness of the blank and then cut a wedge that is the inverse of the taper you want and then place that in the groove.

2 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

JT. Another way to make them would be to laminate 3 pieces of wood together with the one in the middle being the thickness and taper you want, mill your wood to that thickness, then put the blank in, plane it down. Then rotate it 90 degrees, plane again. Then rotate 90 degrees and place a shim under it that is twice the thickness of the amount of material removed and plane again, rotate one last time and plane. Then curse because what I said made no damn sense without a video.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edit:

You could also route a groove the thickness of the blank and then cut a wedge that is the inverse of the taper you want and then place that in the groove.

Cool. Mail me your BCTW jig, and we can just pretend this never happened.

Shane has a flavor saver and better teeth.  And he's not a complete douchebag.  They're both bald is the only similarity I actually see.  You're welcome, Canutian.

Darn you're a sweerheart when you wanna be ! That just earned you a second shaneymack bear hug when I see you !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

And the flavour saver is gone. Nothing but eyebrows on this head !