okay next issue...

Okay so I'm building a tansu style piece of furniture for my father.

I have made an earlier post about the sliding doors and what track to use. I have that figured out. My next issue is with the 1/4" back for the paneling. I have included a sketchup file of the bottom part of the build. In the design I wasn't thinking and just "cut" in the paneling in the shell with rabbits.

My question is how do I complete these rabbits without going through, ultimatly seeing the rabbit from the outside. You cannot see this in the picture because I designed it thinking I could figure a way around it. This is being made out of oak veneer.

So my thoughts..

Router and stop prior to the ends?

Complete rabbits all the way through... glue up and then fill ends with solid wood filler?

glue up the shell and then route the rabbit?

forget the rabbits all together and just glue and brad nail to the back?

Thoughts would be great! Please keep in mind that this is my first big build and am only 4 months into woodworking.

Upload.skp

I just watched this on the low entertainment center series of videos. Marc discussed both extending the DADO through the entire piece and then using a piece of scrap to 'back-fill'. Alternatively, you route to a stop just shy of the end point and then chisel square and rabbett plane the bottom. Check out episode 97, around the 12 minute mark.