Indianapolis

Bulldog

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to post this.  I thought about the wood section, but I wanted to get the most exposure.  I'm going to Indianapolis this friday, to attend a weekend class at Marc Adams school.  While I'm in the area, I'd like to purchase some lumber.  I've heard of Frank Miller lumber company, about 2 hours east of Indianapolis, and I found a Craigslist add that is interesting as well.  

Anyone from the area? Or know where I should go for great lumber? :)

On 10/12/2016 at 2:55 PM, Bulldog said:

Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to post this.  I thought about the wood section, but I wanted to get the most exposure.  I'm going to Indianapolis this friday, to attend a weekend class at Marc Adams school.  While I'm in the area, I'd like to purchase some lumber.  I've heard of Frank Miller lumber company, about 2 hours east of Indianapolis, and I found a Craigslist add that is interesting as well.  

Anyone from the area? Or know where I should go for great lumber? :)

Which direction are you coming from?  I buy lumber from a guy in southern Indiana near Louisville, he usually has real good supply and variety for a one man operation. 

There is a place in Logansport that sells nice lumber. They only deal in cash to the person walking in the door. I've bought some fantastic wood from them. If memory serves, they are about 1 1/2 hours from Indianapolis.  I can't remember the name of the  company but I think there is only one large lumber company in Logansport.

If you think you'll go see them, I'll make the effort to try to find the name of the company.

Found it:

Cole Hardwood Inc
Hardware Store

Address: 1611 W Market St, Logansport, IN 46947
Phone:(800) 536-3151

12 hours ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Which direction are you coming from?  I buy lumber from a guy in southern Indiana near Louisville, he usually has real good supply and variety for a one man operation. 

I've made it to Indy. I came from Louisiana.  It's been a long day of traveling, but I'll get my bearings soon and figure out some places to go.