Lumber Mill near Fredericksburg, VA

storri

I use MD Select Hardwoods in Laplata, mostly domestics. Try woodfinder http://www.woodfinder.com Below is the info for Dennis off woodfinder. There is a guy in Annapolis for exotics, seemed pricy when I was up there a couple months ago for the Lie eilson hand tool event though...

Maryland Select Hardwoods - January 2010 Specials

Address: 7470 Mason Springs Rd

PO Box 187, Ironsides, MD 20643

La Plata, MD 20646

Phone: 301-753-6120

Phone: 301-743-3942 Evenings

E-Mail: woodruff7@comcast.net

Business Information

> Special Terms or Minimum Order:

Selling retail in the Washington, DC area at wholesale prices!

ALWAYS CALL FIRST TO SCHEDULE LUMBER PICKUP!

Jan 2011 Wood Sale

Red Oak 4/4 A - $2.49

Cherry 4/4 B - $1.50

Ambrosia Red Maple, booked matched pairs - $2.95

Walnut 4/4 A - $4.95

Cherry 4/4 A - $3.95

White Pine, clear - $2.95

Alder 4/4 - $3.95

Red Oak 4/4 B - small tight knots - $1.40

Red Maple 4/4 A - $2.25

Ambrosia Maple 4/4 A - $1.75

Hard Maple 4/4 B - $1.95

Dawn Redwood flitches, surfaced 2 1/8 - Prices from $140.00 to $225.00 each

CLEARANCE ON TURNING BLOCKS: Genuine, African, Sapele, and Sipo Mahogany - 4/4 - 8/4 @ 99₵ bd ft

Woodfinder.com says there is CP Johnson lumber in Elkwood, VA (just up US15 from Culpeper).

If you wanted to trek all the way up to Manassas, Northland Forest Products has a really nice selection of domestic hardwoods.

I was also referred to a place in Woodbridge once, but I'll have to check out the name on the business card when I get home.

Veinna Hardwoods over in Veinna VA , looks to be about an hour from Fredericksburg. I think it would worth the ride over .

Vienna Hardwoods

Another place worth the drive , although longer is Exotic Lumber . I travel down to their Annapolis MD location, it's a two hour drive one way . Not something you do everyday but every now and then . Exotic Lumber They have a place in Gaithersburg MD too , I've never been to that one , to me the Annapolis location is the equivalent of lumber heaven.

Veinna Hardwoods over in Veinna VA , looks to be about an hour from Fredericksburg. I think it would worth the ride over .

Vienna Hardwoods

Another place worth the drive , although longer is Exotic Lumber . I travel down to their Annapolis MD location, it's a two hour drive one way . Not something you do everyday but every now and then . Exotic Lumber They have a place in Gaithersburg MD too , I've never been to that one , to me the Annapolis location is the equivalent of lumber heaven.

If you are willing to come all the way up to Vienna, then I would definitely check out Vienna Hardwoods. They have an excellent selection of domestic & exotic hardwood - and great prices too. I've bought from them several times.

Anyone know of a good lumber mill which can supply domestic and exotic hardwoods near Fredericksburg, VA (22405)?

Stephen -

There is Colonial Hardwoods in Springfield, VA. They have almost everything that you could want, and they are well organzied. They also are on the expensive side.

http://colonialhardwoods.com/

I have used Vienna Hardwoods many times. They do have a lot, but they are a little haphazard. Great prices though.

Jonathan

==================================

I use Northland Forest Products in Manassas. Great selection and fair prices.

Vienna Hardwoods is Okay but they are disorganized and you may have trouble finding what you need.

I bought some Very Highly Figured QS White Oak from CP Johnson of Culpeper at the Woodworking Show last year. Haven't been to his shop but he is a good guy with good prices.

Colonial Hardwoods in Springfield/Newington is half cabinet shop and half woodworking supply. Selection was okay but prices were higher. They also sell supplies such as finish, blades, etc.

Woodcraft in Springfield has the basic domestics and some exotics but have cut back their plywood supply. Lately they have been running some decent specials on Cherry and Mahogany.

Finally, I have seen someone on Craigslist selling green domestics such as oak and cherry at cheap prices. Pictures look good. They are located in Catharpin but I have not seen anything in person. If anyone knows anything about them please post here.

Hope this helps! Good luck.