Easy and reliable plane storage

OldSouthWoodCraft

I'm sure this topic has been brought up in the past but I thought I would revive it and see if there were new idea about.

As I'm gathering more hand planes and block planes I'm running out of room to store them properly. So the thought I have is where do I put them?

A flat shelf to set them on?

A cabinet with inclined shelves with a stop to hold them upright?

Make a dedicated drawer to store them in?

I know that no matter which way I go I'm going to get a gun cabinet dessicant unit to keep the humidity down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Make a nice cabinet complete with hinged door, dovetailed joints and store them either on an sloping till, vertically with magnets to hold them or just plain old shelves inside.

Add room for some small drawers and hang it proudly on the wall as a demonstration piece to visitors to your shop.

• Like 1

I know I can always count on Eric to bring the Mic drop post. That is an absolutely beautiful cabinet and collection to say the very least. Unfortunately for my level of expertise and lack of amount of time to build it, I don't think I'm going to go quite this extravagant.

Gee-dub I have seen the paracord method before but I wasn't sure of the stability. This might work for my go to planes and do a cabinet display method for my larger jointer planes.

Thanks for everyones responses so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1