Lumber rack support spacing

Every stud here.  Stuff goes on and off pretty regular.  I used to inspect it every month or so but, it has never budged so I haven't checked in a few years.  It looks mostly like this, just different material over time.

574d9988423de_LumberStorage2014(2).jpg.379deeb724e0e8a0f91aaa685a85f959.jpg

It must be a trend.  My planes and other tool are underneath too.  You can save some time and effort if you happen to have a roof peak area in your shop.  I keep my longer and heavier stuff floor-standing.

Vertical Lumber Storage 004.jpg

Vertical Lumber Storage add-on (2).jpg

Vertical Lumber Storage add-on (3).jpg

• Like 1

6' tall Metal standards 3 ft apart into concrete blocks with tapcon screws in every hole (10" apart) and old metal grocery store shelves spaced about 12-16" vertically held up for over 20 years in my old shop. 

Need to put them up in my new shop and clear some space pretty soon.

I think I'm going to end up using way more vertical storage space in my garage than horizontal until we get the partition wall up on the third bay. Then I can shift things around a bit and make room for more wall storage... or cabinets... one or the other. I think my biggest problem right now is that I have WAY too much wood sitting around. Honestly about 80% of my scrap I should just throw away or relegate to the fire pit. I tossed a TON of it out last night and that helped a lot. Right now my priority is to eliminate scrap clutter and build in storage (vertical OR horizontal) for the longer/larger pieces I am keeping around. It's going to be a process but I figure if I do a little bit each night until it's done it should be easier to handle.