Glue buffet leg pieces back together, replace portion, or all?

Vonda Clark Youngkin

Looking for advice, suggestions, and recommendations.  Not an expert wood crafter, but can follow directions. :)  I have considered gluing, but I know a good glue would hold up longer than the wood, which, has obviously shown it's weakness.  I then considered cutting off the "block" at the top of the leg, but wasn't sure the best way to re-attach a new one - hence the dowel in the last picture.  It looks like that is how the blocks were attached to the top of the legs - am I mistaken?

I had picked up a Pressure-Treated Square Classic Out-Door Deck Spindle from home depot (pictured leaning against opposite side of chest in second picture) as possible replacement for block, as the size was "almost" the same - but it's probably not the best way to go.)

I am open to any suggestion and options, and they're sincerely appreciated.  Respectfully request type of tool required to perform any action suggested.  Obviously, I would like to keep as much original as possible, but not for cost reasons.  I have a table saw, miter saw, and drill but no drill press.  Thanks!  Vonda

legs01.thumb.jpg.07a0a7d487b615b53c0c28a81c55703b.jpg

Picked up this piece, as you can see, some of the legs need help.  The picture below is from a back-middle legs.  But the others that are broken or cracked also have screws through where previous owner attempted to "help."

legs02.thumb.jpg.1cd812611f7ed132dd560959baa8892f.jpg

The leg below is a corner piece, and was designed to be attached via tongue and groove.  As you can tell bu the tongue picture, a piece of the leg is still attached via glue, while another piece is broken from the leg, resting in front of it.

legs03.thumb.jpg.fdb6276b474056fb5d19a51dddbdbc0e.jpglegs04.thumb.jpg.9c909d8c01e85402291bb86f49bcef2a.jpg

Below is how the above corner leg and tongue of the buffet should look.

legs05.thumb.jpg.457ce5a06dddde5acb2f292fdb91f38d.jpglegs06.thumb.jpg.0c1d0ce07514fcdc3d9912c94df38be7.jpg