In house workbench

AcornHouse

Here is one pic of a small workbench for inside the house. Partly inspired by the Schwarz' small Roubo bench, which he stated should be almost furniture so it could be "presentable" inside the home, and partly driven by a desire to do some work without freezing my patootie off in Winter (uninsulated detached garage for a workshop).

The base is curly white oak joined with drawbored through tenons and an ash tongue and groove shelf. The top is a 3 1/2 inch thick live edge curly maple slab, with a projection for Luthier work.

I decided against any vises, but I will be making Moxon's twin screw bench vise. No power tools allowed on this bench, mostly small hand tool projects and guitar building.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1662639&id=1609615453

I'll attach more pics when I am at my work computer, unless someone knows a way to attach pics from an iPad.

OK, I keep getting the wrong pic when I try the link; just hit "previous" to go to the 1st of 22 mobile upload if you don't see the workbench. ( Arggh!) I'll fix it on Tues.

That sounds very intriguing, but could you maybe provide a link to somewhere other than facebook for those of us that still value a bit of our privacy? ;)

They force you to become a member even to just look at someone's pics.

Create a fake identity. That's easy enough. B)

That sounds very intriguing, but could you maybe provide a link to somewhere other than facebook for those of us that still value a bit of our privacy? ;)

They force you to become a member even to just look at someone's pics.

I can't post the pic directly from my iPad, because the select file button is a flash button, which don't work on the iPad. I'll update the post when I go in to work Tuesday.

Create a fake identity. That's easy enough. B)

It's a violation of Facebook policy to create a fake identity, and they are serious about it.

I'm reluctant to use a service and intentionally violate the terms of service.

This is a fun interview with Ethan Zuckerman, founder of Facebook, where he talks about this policy, briefly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dan

From the look of your profile pic, and comment, you favor the Roubo style bench. I'm in the process of building my own bench based on the Roubo design. I've the bench almost assembled, just need to glue the top down, then build the leg vice. Waiting for the tap and dye I ordered online to make the screw.

Brent

• 2 weeks later...