water clear varnish

curlyoak

Interior or exterior?

Interior middle of the road I really like Varathane Satin, It's a high quality finish that i have a hard time differentiating between General Finishes High Performance.

General Finishes High Performance is the sky is the limit finish.

One is $13/qt the other is well not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Interior or exterior?

Interior middle of the road I really like Varathane Satin, It's a high quality finish that i have a hard time differentiating between General Finishes High Performance.

General Finishes High Performance is the sky is the limit finish.

One is $13/qt the other is well not.

If you look around on the internet you can find a PAINT SUPPLY store that sells high performance for very reasonable. I have been buying 3 gallons at a time because shipping is free over $150.00.   55.65 a gallon or 20.56 a quart. IMO if you don't hit it with a coat of shellac first you are wasting QSWO as the rays will not pop with just waterbase finish. Bona finishes make some sealers that do pop the rays. I just used amberseal on stair treads and risers but they have a few other sealers that might work for you. 

20200219_204756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

General finishes High Performance Poly. I've been using it for years - wonderful product and is "water white". Lee Valley is typically where I buy it (in person), but Canada has strict rules on who can sell finishes and whether or not they can be delivered.