Juniper burl

David Clark

Value is going to depend on what's on the inside and you can't really know that until you cut into it. I don't know the best way to cut up a burl but I wouldn't do it with a chainsaw. I'd reach out to a local wood turning guild to see if anyone there has interest. It looks like it's been harvested dead. If that's the case it may have dried improperly and might be of little value. This wood is extremely difficult to dry as it will crack easily due to the swirling grain.

I was originally going to suggest veneer, but @Chestnut makes a great point about the drying. It may just crumble if sawn into veneer thickness. Turning blanks might be feasible. Most turners are going to stabilize a burl with resin, anyway.  Still have no idea how to value it.  If you are sawing it yourself, I'd suggest cutting the blanks to common sizes, and price them competitively with those you can find across the internet.