Anyone know of a plywood company that will ship to residences?

Valleyslim

Anyone know of any plywood companies that will ship to residences? I just moved to Idaho and the plywood, dimensional lumber, and hardwood here sucks and extremely expensive to what im used to (i used to pay 8.99 in CA a BF for walnut, here they want 15$ a BF for meh quality). Also their subpar 4x8 3/4 plywood thats a smiley face is 75$ a sheet. A lot of the plywood places i've looked at will only sell to business. I may need to either make a day trip to oregon or utah just to pick up plywood. I even called Canusawood which is highly recommended by ron paulk and in the next state of utah it cost 45$ a sheet of 4x8 3/4 birch of their premcore and i can only order it through Franklin building supply in Idaho and they trying to charge 125$ a sheet. I dont know why its so expensive here. Any help will be appreciated (im aware i might have to buy an entire pallet but it may be worth in my situation)

I have no answer to your primary question.  There seems to be a nationwide pandamit related shortage of building materials, so maybe that's a factor.  

See if you can find and contact a woodworking club anywhere near you.  You can't be the only woodworker in Idaho, so others must have tackled this problem before you.  If nothing else you might hook up with some folks that would go in on a pallet.  

Or maybe there's a business near you that uses plywood and would sell a few sheets.  

• Like 1