Need to keep epoxy pour warm during curing

Jayhawk714

guidanceNeed some ideas on how to keep a epoxy pour in the mid to high 70's for curing. I live in the mountains of Idaho and my garage is not "heat" efficient by any means. During the night I might be able to keep it at around 50 degrees. So I need to maybe build a heat box or use some sort of heating blanket for or ???????  What do you think would be best. Over head heat lamp or a heating blanket. I have never made a river board but really want to so any ideas and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I've built suitable enclosures out of cardboard, plywood scraps, tarps, whatever I have at hand & put an electric space heater inside. Even now that my shop is heated, I occasionally still do it if there's glue up or finish job that I want to cure quickly. Works like a charm.

Thank you one and all! I have an extra space heater so I'm going to try it and the cardboard box idea.  And if I may ask another question, someplace I read that once you open the epoxy and hardener and left over cannot be saved. True or false? As spendy  as it I hope that's false.

Top, sides, even bottom. Depends on the cardboard box i have avilable and the project thatis going inside.

17 minutes ago, Jayhawk714 said:

Thank you one and all! I have an extra space heater so I'm going to try it and the cardboard box idea.  And if I may ask another question, someplace I read that once you open the epoxy and hardener and left over cannot be saved. True or false? As spendy  as it I hope that's false.

Once they are mixed the cannot be saved. I have individual resin and hardener containers that I opened years ago that are still good. I also have the small 5 min tubes that i used a portion of and it's still good.

This is goign to vary specifically to the container of epoxy that you have though. If the epoxy you have is one of the units with a self mixing tip, the epoxy in the tip will harden rendering the remainder unusable. There are some of the mixing tip units that have replaceable tips and the kits come with multiple tips..... this gets complicated quickly. If you can post a link to a specific product and better advice can be given.

• Like 1