Rubio Monocoat

Richard Brown

I do not but I've been meaning to pick sup up and give it a try. At this point i just haven't had a project that I wanted to give it a shot on yet. I want to try it on something that is larger and flat like a table or desk but i don't have one of those types of projects on my list in the near future.

I do plan to install some hardwood flooring in my house and when I do it's goign to get coated with Rubio.

• Like 1

Rubio is a two part concoction.  I would look at Osmo Polyx-Oil or Osmo Top Oil (essentially the same as Polyx, but with more thinner), which are one part hardwax oils and quite easy to apply.  There are some posts in this section on Osmo.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark J said:

Rubio is a two part concoction.  I would look at Osmo Polyx-Oil or Osmo Top Oil (essentially the same as Polyx, but with more thinner), which are one part hardwax oils and quite easy to apply.  There are some posts in this section on Osmo.  

Actually it is either 1 or 2 part. I like it because of its properties against water and it being one coat. It my understanding is that it bonds to the wood and or resin in like 3 min.  after that it won’t stick to its self so as you spread it around it covers any areas that you missed. 

thanks for the reply and i will look into the Osmo as well. 

my son like waterlox which is also expensive but a very nice finish that is water proof. Great for table tops, desk etc.