Removable splitter for Makita 2304

Alf Torp

Hello all,

I`ve been here for little over a day so its time to abuse your knowledge :)

I bought a nice Makita 2304 which with the original blade cuts beautiful with practically no visible tearout even on moist pine.

However, the splitter is a pain. I am in the process of making drawers and cabinets for my basement workshop and so using the table saw for the dadoes for the drawer bottoms is anything but practical. Does anyone know of a removable splitter for this saw?

Also, dado blades and lnserts with different widths from zero clearance and up.

If anyone has tips to where I can get these things, or maybe even have ones for sale, let me know as it would increase the usability of the saw ten fold for me.

If wanted, I can post pictures of the mounting bracket for the splitter. I just need to take some first :)

Cheers,

Alf

Alf,

Some pictures might be helpful. I tried to find a picture of a Makita 2304 and the only results came back to this thread! Have you seen the Microjig splitters?

Thanks Flair,

I´ll see if I get the time to take some pics tomorrow. Had a look at the microjigs, but not sure what I think of them. At this time I`m not picky as long as I can get something that fits my saw, so I´ll check if they have one :)

Cheers,

Alf

• 2 weeks later...

Aaand its been a day or two .... got too caught up in refurbisihing one of the bedrooms to get the pictures taken. But here they are, this is from the right side:

5564697505_4601438050_b.jpg

And here is one from the left, where you can see how the bracket is mounted to the blade carriage:

5565276670_16366dc4ac.jpg

And another one:

5564698431_ee492026e6.jpg

so as you might see, replacing or modifying the bracket for another splitter should not be that difficult... does this look similar to anything any of you have in your saws?

Cheers,

Alf

Alf, I have a delta unisaw and use the biesemeyer splitter. It's extremely easy to attach and remove. Check to see if it'll work for you. As far as ZCIs, make your own. You'll need to periodically anyway.

Thanks Vic,

I`ve looked around a bit and the biesemeyer splitter looks like something I`d go for. If you have a moment, have a look at the pictures I posted, does it look like its possible to fit one without having to rebuild the whole saw? :)

Cheers,

Alf

Thanks Vic,

I`ve looked around a bit and the biesemeyer splitter looks like something I`d go for. If you have a moment, have a look at the pictures I posted, does it look like its possible to fit one without having to rebuild the whole saw? :)

Cheers,

Alf

It looks like a possibility, but I think Biesemeyer has a list of saws they will fit.