Legenddc's Shop

legenddc

On 1/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, Coop said:

I bought the Festool ETS-150/5 sander and the Festool HEPA vac combo a while back and probably the best purchase I have made in a long while. Would definitely do it again. 

Unfortunately that's over a $1,000 combo these days. The Festool Midi vac is $679 and the ETS-150/5 is $439 ($575 for the ETS EC 150/5).

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, legenddc said:

Unfortunately that's over a $1,000 combo these days. The Festool Midi vac is $679 and the ETS-150/5 is $439 ($575 for the ETS EC 150/5).

That price tag SUCKS but dang the ets EC 150 is a NICE sander! Stupid inflation. Festool prices haven't gone up as much as the big cast iron boys though. All my babby poop yellow machines went up at least 30%

On 1/4/2024 at 7:54 AM, Chestnut said:

That price tag SUCKS but dang the ets EC 150 is a NICE sander! Stupid inflation. Festool prices haven't gone up as much as the big cast iron boys though. All my babby poop yellow machines went up at least 30%

I should have bought more tools at the start of covid. Would you recommend getting a sander or dust extractor first? Or just rip off that bandaid and get both at once? 

Will most likely be waiting on a few life events to happen before I buy anything unless a great used deal comes up. Any thoughts on Festool Recon if something pops up?

I keep trying to get my father or father in law to get a job at Rockler so we can get some discounts.

• Like 1

That's tough because the sander with a reg vac, the vac has too much suction and will wear out the sander prematurely so you'd need to make a suction reduction collar or buy one from rockler. So my gut is to recommend the vac first, but the sander will have a more significant impact on the actual woodworking than the vac will.

Watch recon like a hawk for the vac they pop up fairly regularly. There is a CT36 on there now and the discount is usually 20%. They had a lot of goodies on their blackfriday event if you are waiting that long hit that one might be able to get both. You could also check used markets for the vac. There really isn't much that can go wrong with them.

The sander on the other hand it'd hard to not suggest to just get it new with warranty. There are some alignment things that could be off and it's nice to have a new item warranty just in case. For a hobby shop you may not notice the issue until after the 90 day recon warranty expires.

Edited by wtnhighlander
Removed objectionable content
  • Like 1