New shop setup

Jfitz

On 2/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, BillyJack said:

but is there a door in the middle of the shop. Get the itchy feeling we are now in the Matrix.

Haha.  My Tardis in the the shop for repairs, so I'm waiting for the Keymaker to come and open that door for me.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, BillyJack said:

Looking good

Also haha - it looks crappy :)  The door and the windows (leaning against the wall) are soon to be gone, they were extras from the construction.  I just wanted to get the tools down there to get them out of storage, which would light a fire under my behind to actually get things set up.  It is much much smaller than my old space, but I think I can make it work.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 12:15 PM, Mark J said:

they're a lot more expensive than when I bought mine.

I wish I got it when I first saw them.  They're almost $1K now, which has me thinking I'll sell this lathe as-is and get a brand new lathe to replace it. We will see.

• 1 month later...

Looks great!!!!

I noticed you're running a filter canister on your DC. I'm in the process of setting mine up with one. Just waiting for a GAMMA2 air tight bucket to arrive tomorrow. Going to mount it on the bottom side, as the cyclone captures 95%. I added another support leg to stiffen the whole thing up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DJOMU?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Plywood Lower Walls.jpg

IMG-6100.jpg

IMG-6101.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, GlennL said:

I noticed you're running a filter canister on your DC

Yes, I've had that for a while now - it's from Wynn.  I've thought about mounting it on the bottom so I can raise the entire assembly up and get a taller barrel - maybe once things are running smoothly I'll look at that.

• Like 1