Predator generators

BillyJack

I've never heard anything bad about the motors, and have heard of a number of people who use them on bandmills.  I've never heard anything about the generators, but expect they're okay.  I bought a used one off CL about 30 years ago.  I use the fuel cutoff as the off switch and only ever had to change a carb once on it when a gas station here that used to sell non-ethanol stopped without telling anyone or changing the label on the pump.

I didn’t know they have been around that long. I’ve had one for about 5 years now and had no issues at all. Also use the fuel cutoff to turn it off. I say I’m going to do it more often, but I only ever start it up about once a year. The only time I’ve had trouble starting it was when I forgot that I used the fuel cutoff to turn it off. Once I opened that back up, it fired up on the first pull. 

• 1 month later...

I have Predator 63584 https://www.propaneva.com/best-predator-generator. The generator provides reliable and efficient power, making it a great choice for powering my home during power outages. One thing I really appreciate about this generator is how quiet it is compared to other gas-powered models I've used in the past. It's definitely not silent, but the noise level is reasonable and won't bother my neighbors.