Safety

There are plenty of designs for push sticks (I have both the traditional straight sticks with the small lip and the Gripper system), but I recently found this design and liked it. It was a JPG so I brought it into CAD and cleaned it up for my use. I'm posting a PDF for those of you who want to make a similar shoe style push stick. It is an 11x17 PDF of the push stick at actual size. Depending on your settings (assuming you use Adobe Reader) verify your printer is set to not scale. If you have an 11x17 printer, print away for a full size copy. If you have 8.5x11, you can still print a full size drawing, but turn on the option to tile the 11x17 to (2) 8.5x11 sheets. Just print them and tape them together.

PS. I left the burning where the round-over bit browned the wood from the glue in the plywood to add some antiquing and character...

Shoe Style Push Stick.pdf

post-3726-0-45127700-1304348628_thumb.jp

Marc, I didn't mean to step on your toes! I didn't realize you had a shoe style push stick for sale in your store until I started watching Video 148. If you wish to remove this post to avoid the conflict, please feel free. My intent is to help other WWers and not take away from your sales...

Don't sweat it. I don't plan on getting rich from my push sticks. :) My goal is to make people as safe as possible. I use my push stick all the time but even in that video, I show you how its not even the best tool for the job. But its light and easy to use on the fly. I will also be offering templates soon so folks can route their own very easily. So no harm done my friend. I didn't invent the push stick. :)