My first remodel from start to finish

Freddie

I went down to georgia to stay with my aunt and uncle for a couple of months. They wanted to redo a room in their house, so I started drawing up some ideas on graph paper, and they fell in love with wainscoting. They tried to keep the budget down, so i nixed the raised panel wainscoting, and we downgraded to recessed/flat panel. The room was dark panelling and it was time for a change. We demo'd the room down to the studs, rewired, insulation the whole nine yards. Then i rendered my vision of the room in sketch up, and they absolutely loved it, so we started making making material lists and building. This project took a good month to do, and it was an awesome experience working with a room that wasnt in near perfect condition, giving me all sorts of opportunities to be creative and fix the problems. This was my first job by myself from start to finish, including design, engineering and execution. Im eager to hear feedback from the community here to know if anybody might have done anything differently, or any other types of criticism. Ive only been doing this for about 2 years, so im taking this project, as well as all others, as a learning experience. I have hundreds of pictures during the build, so if anyone is interested in seeing the mantel or builtins during the construction phase, just let me know. ooooo and p.s., the boxes on top of each bookcase is a friction fit door to secret compartments.

post-3732-0-77235400-1305952376_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-57372500-1305952385_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-33203200-1305952434_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-96019300-1305952457_thumb.jp

post-3732-0-20089600-1305952516_thumb.jp

Thank you Vic and leftylen! Although this was a big project for me to tackle on my own, I am very glad I was given the opportunity to do it. The total in materials came to just over $3000, and I did all the work for nothing, I just wanted it really for my portfolio you know.