anyone else got ideas on chop saw brands

gardnesd

If I knew it was coming out I probably would have spent the extra cash on the Bosch glider. I really like my new Makita 10" slider but my mentor sold his Festool Kapex for the new Bosch saw. The engineering on the Bosch saw is incredible and it's as accurate as any saw he's ever used. He told me between this saw and the Festool TS-55 you might not need a table saw.

I have the Hitachi 12" slider w/laser and digital read out. Very happy. Would recommend a good hard look at the new Bosch glider, however Lowes is marking the old Bosch 12" slider down to $549. Also on sale at BBRG is a 12" dual bevel Hitachi chop saw at $199.

Not sure how much money you're thinking of, but either the Festool or my favorite the new Bosch. I have the DeWalt 12" from years ago and it still works great. So, I can't justify buying the Bosch, but it would be my choice. In my area, the saw of choice on construction sites is still the Hitachi.

I am planning on getting the new Makita (LS1016L), at some point. It was rated pretty high in the last review of MS in WOOD Mag. I have played with it a few times at the store and it seems very solid. The preset stops hold very nice along with any other setting or angle that you dial in. The dual set of tubes also helps to keep the area needed behind the saw to a minimum.

I have a Makita 10" compount slider. It's a workhorse. I've put this saw through hell and it's still working. The dust collection is very poor. I have a shop vac hooked up to it and it still sprays sawdust everywhere. I'll use it until it dies and then get one that has better dust collection.

I love my bosch 5312, although the shorter power cord is sometimes a pain, but that was one of the mods that made it cheaper than the 5412. Its a bit heavy, so you need to start doing some pushups =) Overall though, its a solid saw, holds its settings(from what ive seen so far) and operates smoothly.