What to do with those recyled plastic hanging wall files?

toneslinger

Ok, I dug these out of the recycling trash a long time ago at work. they were those magnetic hanging file folder trays. I figured I'd use them sometime and this morning, I pulled them out and went to work.

I cut a top out of some scrap I had with the TS. then cut a bevel to recess it into the top. With a series of drill bits, measuring, forester bits, etc, I drilled out the top to hold my bench chisels, carving scoops/gouges, as well as my bench knives and carving knives.

Topped off with a simple coat of shellec and attached to my workbench cabinet with some bolts in the pegboard. Thought i'd put a little embellishment on em so shaved some mahogony and maple to throw in to make it conversational.

Best thing now is I can reach for a tool on the cabinet door now without jamming my hand on a sharp point and cutting myself.

8wywdd.jpg

Thats not a bad idea but i did something similar and use it to store scrap sandpaper for hand work. I have never cut myself on my tools since they are hanging and i grab the handles. You might want to put some thing in there that absorbs lots of moisture that way you dont have to worry about water building up on your expensive chisles. Maybe some ceder. oh and why not store you wet stones in the box that way its always with your chisles.

Good way to recycle bandaids. :)

Moisture isn't much of an issue here in Arizona.

I figured if there was any, the wood shavings would absorb it and I'd empty it out periodically if it became a problem

My waterstones stay stored at the sharpening cabinet right next to this workbench, within leaning distance.

Good way to recycle bandaids. :)

Moisture isn't much of an issue here in Arizona.

I figured if there was any, the wood shavings would absorb it and I'd empty it out periodically if it became a problem

My waterstones stay stored at the sharpening cabinet right next to this workbench, within leaning distance.

Leaning whewww that is tiring.