Summer Lawn Chairs

My wife and I found these chairs outside an antique dealer this weekend--the price for a pair was $550!

I instantly thought--"I can build that!". Well I've been doing some research and can't really come up with much.

I do know that these particular chairs are from the 1920-30's and that this model rocked. beyond that--not much.

Anyone have more info? or a plan to build them ;) ? any help is appreciated.post-789-0-25801800-1309141536_thumb.jpgpost-789-0-66891000-1309141545_thumb.jpg

it just looks like an old England beach chair aka Wood Folding Sling Chair to me we use to take them to the beach all the time when I was a kid

sling-beach-chair-stripes.jpg

here is a link to a variation of the same kind of chair im sure you could modify the design to be similar to the ones outside that shop with very little difficulty http://www.ana-white.com/print/2519

I grew up in Argentina and I remember these chairs in the beach and also at the pool side of the country club I belonged to. It makes perfect sense that these are defined as English Beach Chairs because we copied a lot of good things from the brits ... sadly we did not copy enough ... and that is another story