NYWS/TWW work table

dhall9

I built this table a while back to be an out feed table/work table. It worked great until I placed my table saw on a mobile base, which in essence raised it over an inch. Well the leveling feet would not raise the table high enough to be the same height as the table saw. So when sawing long stock it would tip up and just be an all around inconvenience. So this morning I was out in the garage messing around and decided to solve the problem.

Goal - solve my height problem and try to use up some scrap material taking up room.

Solution - laminate two pieces of 1/2" mdf making it 1" thick, laminate high pressure laminate to the top, and put a solid wood edge on it.

Outcome - 1 1/16" inch thick top on top of the already 3/4" top and routed out miter gauge slots.

IMG_0267.jpg

The added weight of the top made the table much more solid and stable. The top is secured using screws from underneath so if need be it can be replaced down the road. The solid wood border is attached using glue and biscuits. The laminate top makes it nice and slick and the new overhang is great for clamping. All I have left to do is level the saw and the table (ran out of time).