Problems with Bosch 4410L

wjffineww

I have owned the Bosch 4410L 10'' scms for a few years now, and up until recently I haven't had any problems with it. But, for the past two days I have been pulling my hair out getting the thing to cut square. I just can't seem to do it, I have been tweaking and tweaking without getting satisfactory results. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I can't get the thing to cut square. Each side of the fence wants to be changed in opposite directions, but it's straight across the whole fence.

The other issue I found is that on the last 2'' or so of cut (closest to the fence) there appears a slight bevel. It's enough that it's noticeable with the naked eye, and clear as day when I hold a square up to it. Is there any helping my saw? Or should I sell it to a framer on CL?

Some owners of that saw complained the bed wasn't flat with the side extensions so the piece drops down in the middle affecting the cut. Get a straight edge and check that as well as the flatness of the fence.

• 11 years later...

So I have a boss 4401 L miter saw that doesn't work it was working fine and then all of a sudden just stopped working I don't know why and I'm not mechanically inclined enough to fix it or whatever so I'm trying to just sell it as is it looks brand new it just doesn't work do you know how I go about selling it or anybody would even want to buy it to try to fix it

@mrlharper, if you care to post some detailed symptoms that your saw exhibits, folks here are pretty good with suggesting fixes.

If you just want to sell, we have a Marketplace sub-forum for listing such items. Please be safe, don't post your personal data or contact info, just use the Private Message feature to make arrangements.