Newbie!

Renzo

Yep, i'm a newbie.

I went from nothing to a shop full of tools in the matter of about three weeks. (table saw, jointer, DC, bandsaw, router, ROS)

I've just put the first coat of finish of my first project. It was something small and very simple. (raised dog bowl thingy)

But i'm proud of myself, it was super fun and i'm thrilled with the results.

Just wanted to share!

Let's see some photo's. Hey any time you need help with something give me a shout.

Yep, i'm a newbie.

I went from nothing to a shop full of tools in the matter of about three weeks. (table saw, jointer, DC, bandsaw, router, ROS)

I've just put the first coat of finish of my first project. It was something small and very simple. (raised dog bowl thingy)

Just wanted to share!

Yep, i'm a newbie.

Just wanted to share!

My favorite project at that point was to build myself a router table, which really ups the bar on what that tool can do, and lets you build a case. Awesome, welcome aboard!

Ok here are a few bad cel phone shots.

4/4 Maple, just used biscuits to connect the feet. Routed the edges with a roundover bit. Stained with General Finishes espresso and then two coats of wipe on poly.

The only thing that gave me a bit of trouble at first was the 5 1/2" circle where the bowl sits. I didn't have a circle jig or template.

So i drew a circle on the maple before gluing (the top is two pieces). Cut them out on the band saw then glued up.

post-242-020977900 1282427505_thumb.jpg

post-242-062690300 1282427514_thumb.jpg

post-242-042994900 1282427525_thumb.jpg

Nice work! (And I'm jealous of your tool collection... Wish I had the funds or space for even half of that... Still have tools on layaway, and have been frustrated that it's been 5 months plus... hoping the shop still is holding them for me...)

Nice work, Renzo! I'm sure any variation in the circle is more than compensated for by the variation in the roundness of the bowl!

Tell me your dog isn't so big that the bowl sits on a table like in shot #2...

Haha no we've got two Jack Russell's :) I'd be in trouble if my dog were as big as the fireplace mantle!