Festool questions X2

Eric.

Couple of questions for you Festool freaks...

I need a new ROS and jigsaw. For the ROS, Either the 125, the 150/5 or the 150/3.

All Festool sanders are on sale at Rockler right now, BTW. 10% I believe.

As for the jigsaws, do any of you have experience with the barrel grips? What are the advantages/disadvantages of that design?

I have the 125 in the ETS and Rotex both are great. The biggest advantage to the larger size is that it covers more surface area so if you are doing something like a table top it would take less time there is really no other difference. The 125 gets into a little bit tighter area. Great sanders you won't regret getting one.

Eric,

I prefer the barrel grip jigsaws, and the Festool cuts better than other jigsaws I have used. IMO, the barrel grip makes it easier to cope and scribe.

Some people prefer the D handle jig saws, so I'd recommend trying them both out and see if you like it.

For ROS, I have a ETS125 and a Rotex RO150., plus the DS400 and RS400. In hindsight, I wish I would have gone with the ETS 150/3 so I only had to stock one size of paper for both sanders. The 125 will fit in smaller spaces than the 150.

Either sander would be fine.

I actually have both units and frankly, I almost never use the ETS125 anymore. I find the larger surface area provides more stable sanding and less chance of sanding "incidents" like divots, pig tails, and rounding over of edges. The 1" diameter difference doesn't seem to have much impact for me in terms of getting into smaller spaces. Just about anywhere I could fit the 125, I can fit the 150. Obviously this depends greatly on what you build.

For the jigsaw, I'm a barrel grip man as well.

I actually have both units and frankly, I almost never use the ETS125 anymore. I find the larger surface area provides more stable sanding and less chance of sanding "incidents" like divots, pig tails, and rounding over of edges. The 1" diameter difference doesn't seem to have much impact for me in terms of getting into smaller spaces. Just about anywhere I could fit the 125, I can fit the 150. Obviously this depends greatly on what you build.

For the jigsaw, I'm a barrel grip man as well.

Do you mostly use the 150/3, Marc? Or is there some reason I can't think of that would make me want the 150/5?