Bird House First post

Hi to all

First attempt at a blog, so forgive me. As a disabled Vet (in Veterans Home in Lewiston, Idaho) who lost all memory in 2000 it is nice that it is coming back slowly. Use to love wood working & made a lot of furniture for myself. They have a real nice shop here, but we cannot use it. “Might be a SAFTY hazard”. We do have a Craft room & a few hand tools that they let us use.

I designed a Blue House in Sketchup & with the help of the maintenance people built it. My first attempt at making something in over ten years. Felt good & it came out OK. Not great but OK. Glued up scrap to get boards needed then had the boys cut in shop. Glued together & be hold a bird house. Had a bunch of Pop Cycle sticks we had been saving (for Eiffel Tower I hope to build someday), so decided to shingle the roof. Cut each one to one inch & glued to roof (one at a time).

It came out pretty good for a person with half a brain. Left side is gone, but right side is working overtime. My thanks to Marc and all the woodworkers that post & make videos. Keeps me busy watching and relearning something I really enjoyed. Still do, but the old body just will not do what I tell it. Only four pictures of the finished project. Next, working on a Fire Lookout Tower ¼” to foot scale. About half done. Because of Sketchup keep adding more detail. Railing on the steps, etc. This is getting long and wordy. Keep up the great posts & pictures. Hat Man

post-391-053992800 1282615863_thumb.jpg

post-391-066359800 1282615874_thumb.jpg

post-391-062553600 1282615887_thumb.jpg

post-391-067448100 1282615905_thumb.jpg

TheHat...

The roof looks fantastic! Quite ingenious to use popsicle sticks.

Thanks for your service and I hope that you continue to get your memory back and are able to build as much/whatever your heart desires.

And it's a pleasure to have you here!