Static on my safety glasses

TimV

I've always had this problem. I have a spray booth with fresh air being blown into the space with a filtered fan and dirty air exhausts out the window. I use a HVLP conversion gun and there is over spray which is picked up by the moving air. In confined spraying areas like inside a drawer box, there is a lot of spray that goes into the air. My polycarbonate safety glasses must have static because they tend to accumulate the over spray and I need to wipe them off after a session so I can see clearly. The material that gets on the lenses is a dust so it is dry. Is this a common issue?

ok tim i have a shure fired way of geting rid of static you need to carry around a 30 foot spool of coper wire that is mounted to the ground.

or you could put some plants in you spray room, add bowls of water to the room

sprits hair spray on glasses before you go in and spray

home made static guard(Mix one capful of Downy Fabric Softener into a spray bottle filled with water, and spray the affected areas)

maybe coat the arms in rubber

try rubbing dryer square on you glasses before you spray

finaly put a paper clip on a rubber band i guess its saposed to ground you

let me know if you find a soluntion

t

Do you get big shocks when ya touch something metal? Could be static, or simply just bouncing back. If ya find a way...let me know. Been a long time 4eyes. :( Always cleaning finish off my glasses. Hazard of the job.. :wacko: sometimes its hard to avoid getting your face too close when your trying to maintain a raking light. Can't even roll wall paint without getting splatters on my glasses. :D

-Ace-