Big Box came today...

BuilderBill

Spent an hour or so writing a post, previewed it, looked at a photo and closed the tab instead of hitting the Back button.... :angry:

So I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves:

post-1150-098303200 1282788171_thumb.jpg

post-1150-047623700 1282788189_thumb.jpg

post-1150-035172200 1282788218_thumb.jpg

post-1150-042078200 1282788231_thumb.jpg

I've been up since 4:30 this morning, no way I'm going through that again tonight.... Stay tuned, narrative to come...

Best,

Bill

I'm interested to hear abou this one...The big L is a definably maybe on my list.

Ben,

I'll let you know how it works after the weekend. That pile of beam cutoffs in the last photo has to be turned into 16 cornice brackets by Monday... :blink:

Looks like it's going to be a loooong weekend.

Best,

Bill

Got some time today, made up the extension cord to go to the dryer outlet, got the blade on the machine, tracked it, set the guides.Left them just a tad loose, old habits die hard and I wasn't quite ready to squeeze the guides against the blade yet, no matter what they say on the video. Fired it up(not literally, thank God!), rounded the back of the blade, set the drift on the fence, grabbed a chunk of white pine that'd been laying around. Ripped the edges clean and took a cleanup cut on a face. Flipped it over to get the clean face on the fence, took another cleanup and then set the fence for a narrow cut. Slabbed off a piece of thick veneer, it calipered out at 3/64 + a RCH in a couple of places all around:

post-1150-070878700 1282881779_thumb.jpg

Guys and gals, let me tell you this em-effer will CUT! This was with the Laguna el-cheapo 1/2" 3-tooth blade, not the Resaw King.I set it up this way because both pending customers want roughsawn, I can't wait to get the King mounted and slab off some of that 8/4 QWO for drawers.

A little later, I put together the Rockler wall-mount dust collector, hooked it up and turned a 5x10 scrap into a cornice bracket. Details to follow...

Best,

Bill