Finish for cutting boards

COMO

I am relatively new to woodworking and last minute decided to make a cutting board for my mother in law as well as mother for Christmas. I watched the video here and he talked about a salad bowl finish. I like the durability of this finish idea because I dont see either lady keeping up with the mineral oil but when i read on rockler it said not to use this finish on butcher blocks. I was wondering why this is and would a mineral oil finish hold up with out it being touched up every month or two. Luckily we are not headed to MO until January so I have plenty of time to finish the boards. I am just trying to decide what finish would be best?

Thanks

COMO

I've always had good luck using a mineral oil/ bees wax blend (Clapham's salad bowl finish). It's easy to apply, brings out the grains in the wood and is an "all natural" finish. Typically I touch up my boards about 4-5 times per year (every 2 months or so depending on use).. But, lots of options out there, this is just 1 of the many :-)!