Where to find a silicone rubber bottom push block?

Nick2cd

I would like a set of push blocks that has a flat bottom of silicone rubber. the same kind of rubber that's on the bottom of my GRR Ripper push block. i find that rubber to be super tacky and holds anything. the foamy rubber that you find on most push blocks and bench cookies doesn't feel as secure to me. i'd rather not spend $120 on 2 more GRR Rippers. Is there a push block out there with a true silicone rubber bottom?

Try Rockler. They were trying to sell me some when I was checking out the other day, and they were very grippy.

http://www.rockler.c...r=push%20blocks

i actually checked into these push blocks, but from my understanding, they have the same material on the bottom as do bench cookies. while it's very grippy, it's not exactly what im looking for. thanks though

When our kids were still in car seats, my wife bought a roll of material to put under the car seat to keep it from slipping. It was a green spongy 'tacky' material almost just like what's on the bottom of the Grriper. She got the idea from one of the free car-set checks that they were doing in town (to make sure they were up to regulations, installed correctly, etc).

I think we still some left over, I'll try to find it and see if she remembers where she got it. As I remember it, it'd be perfect for this application.

When our kids were still in car seats, my wife bought a roll of material to put under the car seat to keep it from slipping. It was a green spongy 'tacky' material almost just like what's on the bottom of the Grriper. She got the idea from one of the free car-set checks that they were doing in town (to make sure they were up to regulations, installed correctly, etc).

I think we still some left over, I'll try to find it and see if she remembers where she got it. As I remember it, it'd be perfect for this application.

Buy those little dash pads at the auto parts store. Oreillys has them for $2, glue them on and your good to go. Never seen them on push blocks in a store.

Don

both great ideas! thanks

I'd get a roll of the stuff that bars and restaurants use on shelves for glasswear. It's rubbery and grippy.

That looks exactly like the stuff I mentioned above. Except ours was green. I use a small piece of it on a granite counter top, under some small cutting boards (some type of plastic - could be UHMW) and they don't slip at all. Good stuff.

I'd get a roll of the stuff that bars and restaurants use on shelves for glasswear. It's rubbery and grippy.

this stuff is good and i definitely use it around the shop, but it's not quite tacky enough. i just ordered a couple sticky pads off ebay that you put on your dash board to hold a cell phone. this stuff is crazy sticky and should work well for my intended purpose. have to credit dwacker for the idea....thanks again!

this stuff is good and i definitely use it around the shop, but it's not quite tacky enough. i just ordered a couple sticky pads off ebay that you put on your dash board to hold a cell phone. this stuff is crazy sticky and should work well for my intended purpose. have to credit dwacker for the idea....thanks again!

Let us know how it works out. The foam is coming off one of my push blocks and I'm looking to replace it.

Could you please supply a link to what you bought?? I would really like to know as my original pushblocks are loosing their grip and I was thinking of making some nice ones instead of using the old plastic standby's. They will look better plus I can use some of my scraps up! Thanks

Could you please supply a link to what you bought?? I would really like to know as my original pushblocks are loosing their grip and I was thinking of making some nice ones instead of using the old plastic standby's. They will look better plus I can use some of my scraps up! Thanks

Nate,

here's what i bought. i paid like $3.50 (including shipping) for 2 sticky pads. i think there are some cheaper ones and some more expensive ones. i'll let you know how these perform as soon as i get them.