Newbie saying Hi

njarrell

Hi all.

I signed up for the guild a couple weeks back and figured I should probably introduce myself. So far I have been extremely impressed. The videos are great and very thourogh and the regulars in the chat room have a wealth of knowledge that I have tried to soak up from them

I don't think I will be able to afford the Roubo Table which I really want to do, but I will take advantage of a few of the past projects.

I'm still in the process of getting my shop together. I have all sorts of tools that I have collected over the years from various projects, but I never really invested in good quality stuff until lately. My shop is out of my garage and it's still missing a few key items like a bandsaw, planer, and drum sander. It's always the expensive tools. haha. I will get them sooner than later.

Lately I have focused on lathe projects like pens (my favorite are acrylic(maybe I shouldn't admit that in a wood group)), wooden bowls, and various small items. I am trying to get everything together to try my first segmented turning. It can be a bit intimidating. I plan on getting into small furniture for the house and church and who knows what from there. I love working with my hands and the instant gratification of lathe projects and I hope to expand that love into other areas.

I look forward to building some of the past projects as well and the future projects.