Jet 16-32 Plus Drum Sander

croessler

I finally broke down and purchased a drum sander while Jet was having a 15% off sale. After reading the reviews I decided to go with the 16-32. I had zero issues with tracking on the belt and leveling the drum was pretty straight forward. I spent about 2 hours setting it up and testing it out. I added a set of locking casters to make it mobile.

I usually spend a couple of hours leveling a glue up by hand when making cutting boards. This sander has saved me around 8hrs of work in the last week and a half. For me that is well worth the price of admission.....

I have not yet changed the paper so have not had to fuss with that aspect yet.

post-5584-0-17478300-1331519056_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever decide to step up to the big boy tool (without going all the way to a Timesaver or the like :) ) I also highly recommend the Jet 22-44 ODS. The oscillating feature makes it cut faster and smoother and the paper lasts longer. +++ in my opinion!

These are great tools/machines. I have a Performax 16/32 that I picked up a year or so ago at a going out of business auction for a furniture refinishing business. The thing was barely even dusty and I saved some pretty substantial bucks off the price of a new one. The bonus was that it also came with a huge bucket of sandpaper rolls in all grits.

Dan