Cross Cut sled

montec24

Hey Mark, new guy here. I was wondering if you ever thought of dong a video on building a crosscut sled? I know they are supposed to be simple but Ive never been able to make one that worked well. Lots of articles out there with different ideas as to materials and one or two runners etc. Anyways I just thought it would be a good project for a video.

Another question. Have you ever given thought to Closed Captions on your videos? I don't even know what is involved or if it is even possible to do this but being pretty close to deaf It is hard to take full advantage of your (and other) videos. This also stopped me from joining the Guild as a lot of that is videos.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Dana

Hey Mark, new guy here. I was wondering if you ever thought of dong a video on building a crosscut sled? I know they are supposed to be simple but Ive never been able to make one that worked well. Lots of articles out there with different ideas as to materials and one or two runners etc. Anyways I just thought it would be a good project for a video.

Another question. Have you ever given thought to Closed Captions on your videos? I don't even know what is involved or if it is even possible to do this but being pretty close to deaf It is hard to take full advantage of your (and other) videos. This also stopped me from joining the Guild as a lot of that is videos.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Dana

JohnT on another post about cross cut sleds has a great video in two parts a step by step instructions very well done too.

I'll definitely consider doing a cross cut sled soon. I actually need one anyway so why not.

As for the close captioning, we have looked into it. And unfortunately it is quite a bit of extra work and a very tedious process. Perhaps if I had someone helping me on the production end, we would jump into it. But right now, my schedule just doesn't permit any more time post processing. I keep hoping to come across a piece of software that does it automatically. YouTube had something like that and it was terrible at interpreting the words. It was actually quite hilarious. But I will keep my eye out and hopefully we'll be able to accommodate you on that in the future.

YouTube had something like that and it was terrible at interpreting the words. It was actually quite hilarious. But I will keep my eye out and hopefully we'll be able to accommodate you on that in the future.

I'd love to see you run "A King and His Castle" through that and see the result!

I'll definitely consider doing a cross cut sled soon. I actually need one anyway so why not.

As for the close captioning, we have looked into it. And unfortunately it is quite a bit of extra work and a very tedious process. Perhaps if I had someone helping me on the production end, we would jump into it. But right now, my schedule just doesn't permit any more time post processing. I keep hoping to come across a piece of software that does it automatically. YouTube had something like that and it was terrible at interpreting the words. It was actually quite hilarious. But I will keep my eye out and hopefully we'll be able to accommodate you on that in the future.

Thanks Marc! I figured it was a PITA to add captions but it doesn't hurt to ask! It's pretty funny sometimes reading the captions on live events when they have to type quick! I'll jsut keep turning up the volume and waking up the neighbors for now!