Squaring Biesemeyer Fence to Tabletop?

Vic

I searched and could not find a slick solution for this. I'm in the process of moving my tablesaw area. In doing so, I noticed my fence is not square to the table top. I'm not talking about parallel to the blade. There IS an adjustment for that. Having the fence square to the table has obviously never bothered me, but what can I say. Now that I know it's not, it does! Has anyone come up with a slick solution? For now, I'm just shimming my subfence, but would like input, if anyone has some.

My current clone version (Sawstop), and the previous clone version (General) I owned on another saw, has two nylon screws on each side of the mount, that ride on the top of the fence rail.

In other words, there are four adjusters. Two are inside the rail and adjust to and from blade parallelism, the more easily seen screw heads adjust "float" above the rail, and face tilt in relation to the blade.

See Page 7 here-> http://www.sawstop.com/documents/Industrial%20T-Glide%20Fence%20System%20Owner%27s%20Manual%20%28Oct%2008%29.pdf

I was surprised that the Biesemeyer doesn't have that squaring adjustment. Kind of bizarre. I have the fence out of parallel by .005 away from the blade. Good enough, I think. I muss with it more, if I notice anything. I planed my fence square to the table. It isn't dead on, but I always measure from the blade anyway and, as I said, it's been this way for years and I hadn't noticed.

Assume you have blade parallel to miter slot (4 table bolts). Slot is parallel to table (mfg tolerance). Fence is parallel to blade (within the .005) using the fence / rail adjustment... So why would fence not be parallel to top (within the .005) all mfg tolerances being equal? I must be missing something... On my old TS, my Biesemeyer had the guide/blade adjustment screws...

I'll take a photo for you, hhh. Not a question of reference across the table, but to the table. As in put a square against the blade side of the fence, perpendicular to the fence and it is not square. Like I said..close enough.

I need to do the same thing to mine although apparently it hasn't bothered me since I got this saw (3 years? haha) For me the fence bows in a bit; someone at the factory was jacked up on caffeine and overtightened the middle screws holding the sacrificial fence. Bugs me when I see it. Maybe I'll do that tonight :)

one thought is loosening the rails screws a bit and adjusting the rail to bring it into square, though that maybe more trouble then its worth

The main fence rail is parallel to the top. At least the front is. I would have to drill some new holes to get the back dead on. Anyway, as I wrote earlier, I have it very close to square and I used it out of square for quite a few years with no problems. I just thought it odd that a fence, like Biesemeyer, would not have adjustment for that.

Vic,

Drilling and tapping for the two nylon screws your version is missing would not be difficult. You could also attach UMHW shims in the same spots.

I hadn't even thought of that! Good idea. It's fine for now, but I'll probably do that down the line. Thanks!

I would drill/tap/ and put nylon set screws in like was already mentioned, that's the way mine is and it works great. Unless you do tenons and such by running your stock vertically against your fence I am sure your fine but I know what you mean about it bothering you tooI was wondering one thing though, I see in your pic that the angle iron that holds your front rail has a small notch in it, is that in line with the blade or something? Just caught my eye and made me curious.