Questions and swap offer for pen turners...

wdwerker

I have some curly Koa I picked up in Hawaii 20 years ago. I want a pen with a stylus for my iPad. I looked at the minimum jigs and tools necessary and decided not to make that investment.

Any pen turners want to work a swap? I have a custom cabinet shop and could make a batch of blanks as well as work some other sort of trade, plus cover your hardware costs.

I am not a pen turner, but JerrySats is. He does some mighty fine work. You may be able to find him in the member list, or pop into the chat some evening and look him up. I will also mention this post to him when I see him.

Roger

if you come to illinois sometimes ill show you how to make them. realy easy basic turning perhaps you can look around and find a turning club in the local area. can we see your curly koa i have yet to see any like it.

I will pull it out of the rack next week and take a few pic's . I have a lathe and several sets of tools . I understand the process, just not going to buy even the minimum jigs and tooling to turn a pen or 2.

I called a few wood shops while on the big island, one guy said come by and look through our cut off bin. I wrapped my planks up in cardboard and tied a handle out of string, checked it as a piece of luggage. This was before TSA and greedy airlines, didn't cost but $11 for an extra bag.

• 4 weeks later...