Southeast NC, Northeast SC

iSawitFirst

Everyone knows that the NC and SC coasts are the best on the east coast. Woodworkers know that those who live here are the best in the craft. :P

Let us know where you are. I'm in Wilmington. B)

I'm Up in the mountains, just a short trip down I-40 from you - Well, Short is kind of relative - If you were taking I-40 to the other coast, then I'm a real short trip.

-Gregory

• 3 months later...

Everyone knows that the NC and SC coasts are the best on the east coast. Woodworkers know that those who live here are the best in the craft. :P

Let us know where you are. I'm in Wilmington. B)

Well, I don't know that anyone group of person are the best at anything, but there sure is some exceptional people in the Carolinas, and it is a wonderful part of the world to live in.

I am in Mauldin, SC, for almost 20 years now, which is in the Upstate or Piedmont.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I would tend to agree with you, but Marc lives out west, so.....:) I'm in Jacksonville, NC. You have your own shop in Wilmington?

My shop was formerly known as a garage but serves me well. I'm a hobiest with too much time on my hands.

I was in Jacksonville yesterday on my way to and from Washington. I don't get there often but next time I'll try to connect with you.

My shop was formerly known as a garage but serves me well. I'm a hobiest with too much time on my hands.

I was in Jacksonville yesterday on my way to and from Washington. I don't get there often but next time I'll try to connect with you.

I am slowly but surely turning my detached useless-as-a-garage-but-we-call-it-that-anyway garage into a workshop. I am blessed thought that I have access to the Camp Lejeune Wood Hobby Shop which is a place that would make any wood worker green with envy-if you don't mind the sometimes irritating but well meaning advice from the guys who run the place. And if you don't mind sharing the tools with umpteen other people. It's generally no big deal, but sometimes an out of whack tool that just can't be tuned perfectly is the price you pay for having all those tools in there. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days on here, beef up my profile, but I have all of them on facebook.

• 1 month later...

I am slowly but surely turning my detached useless-as-a-garage-but-we-call-it-that-anyway garage into a workshop. I am blessed thought that I have access to the Camp Lejeune Wood Hobby Shop which is a place that would make any wood worker green with envy-if you don't mind the sometimes irritating but well meaning advice from the guys who run the place. And if you don't mind sharing the tools with umpteen other people. It's generally no big deal, but sometimes an out of whack tool that just can't be tuned perfectly is the price you pay for having all those tools in there. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days on here, beef up my profile, but I have all of them on facebook.

Hey Frank, I too am in the Jacksonville area, Richlands to be exact and work on the air station. I just inherited alot of hand and power tools from my grandfather who was a wood teacher for 30 years. I have no clue what I am doing yet, but am going to tackle it as it seems like alot of fun.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...