looking for soapstone and inlay materials

duckkisser

i know this is a wood working forum but im looking for a good source of soap stone for turning on my lathe. eather a quary in illinois or the state's surounding it. or a web page that i can buy blocks and chips of it for a farly resonable price. i figure if hoby loby is selling a small block of it for 10 dollers i can buy it in biger sizes for a much lesser price (per pound) strait from a dealer or a quary.

second im looking for inlay material if you carve bone or stones then perhaps we can make a trade or a sale because im looking for the chips and dust that usualy get thrown away.

for example i know some people carve mamoth bones, water buffalo horns, whale tooths and i thought that i would be cool to make a bowl that has a whale bone inlay.

thought i would share this as it seemed like a decent deal

http://inlays.com/mfg-subcat-item.asp?cID=28&scID=88&mID=-1&Format=

Kisser, I've seen a number of mantles and hearth surrounds done in soapstone and they are fantastic. I was thinking that one of those manufacturers might be willing to share a source with you. I know they have to get it at a better price than you can get at hobby lobby.