How much do you think this would cost?

pghmyn

I have A LOT of 4/4 rough sawn red oak (about 1,000 BF or more) since it was handed down to me. I have a board that is about 10-11 feet long and 16 inches wide. I could do the BF calculation, but I don't know how many boards I find that are this wide. That's why I ask for an opinion.

10~11 feet we'll approximate as 126 inches long. Your board footage for that plank is therefore: (126 x 16 x 1) / 144 = 14 board feet

Rough red oak is usually at the bottom of the scale, assuming it's flat sawn. (Quartered oak that size would a.) have come from a monster tree and b.) would command a premium.) Using Kettle Moraine's price list (they're up in Wisconsin) you're looking at $2.35/bf for Selects & Better, 1.79/bf for #1 Common grade. That puts us at $32.90 for a clear board, $25.06 for one with defects.

Lastly, since the board is quite wide, expect a markup of anywhere from 15% - 25% for wide stock. Throw in tax and you'd be at around $40.