Home made mobile tool base

JordsWoodShop

Last week when I was moving my table saw in my usual manner (dragging it) I noticed that the fences rail actually slipped down from where I set it not even two weeks ago.

After seeing the fence actually slip I thought I better start treating my saw with some more respect and either buy it, or build it a mobile base.

I thought a shop made mobile base would be a popular project among other woodworkers so I shot the project and chucked it up on youtube.

If your interested in seeing the build here is the video

Regards

Jordan

• Like 1

Hi Jim, Thanks for the kind words, I cant see it being an issue using two locking rods on the edge of the base instead of the single central one.

aslong as the front rail (the pivoting one) is wider then the actual cart itself so you can get the rods locked inplace without too much fiddling about it would work quite well I think.

I am actually planning on making a base for my jointer wich has a closed in base so ill be sure to post a few photo's of how i go!

Regards

Jordan

If you have a welder, it's easy greasy. Strong enough to carry a cow, smooth enough to move my cabinet saw with ease. KEY---large castors make the rolling easy, especially over giblets. They're rated for 250 pounds each but that's not the point - their size makes the heavy tool roll easily.

post-2896-0-58448400-1348657891_thumb.jp