Carbide Tipped Bandsaw Blades Worth the Money???

Keggers

I'm down to my last bandsaw blade and have been doing some research. I've read that the carbide tipped blades (though pricey) last 10 times longer than a regular blade. Since I'll be buying a 1" blade - which won't be cheap -  I'm trying to find out all I can before I make my purchase. Does anyone here have a carbide tipped bandsaw blade that they can report on? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I run carbide on my 30 hp resaw. I get near planer smooth surfaces and very straight cuts with no wandering. They do last 5-10 times longer estimated. But I save more by getting better yields over steel blades.

I still use steel when risk of hitting foreign objects. I can't remember but it seems that I pay ~$200 for carbide and around $20 for steel. My blades are 1" x13' approximately. Lennox wood master C is the model I'm thrilled with.

I don't know how they would perform on a smaller vertical saw though. With less tension and power they may not give the same fantastic result as I get with my Baker saw. I can say that with sharp steel or carbide, I get flat straight cuts. The carbide shines due to smooth finish and long life.

Hope this helps.