arm r seal finish

Dnorris1369

ok so i have put 4 coats of arm r seal on my cabinet.  I went out this morning and for the most part it is smooth.  for the most part is not what i want im hoping i can do better.  I sanded between each coat up to 1000grit and last coat had naptha mixed in per marcs video.  the sheen looks perfect to what i am wanting.  my question is can i buff it lightly without adding another coat or what is my best bet to do now??

If you're satisfied with the thickness of your finish, stop.  Wait a week or longer for it to cure.  Then mix 50/50 mineral spirits/mineral oil, and use it to wet a high grit abrasive pad (2000-4000 grit, depending on your desired sheen).  You can use automotive sandpaper for this, too, but be careful on edges to not burn through the finish.  Abrasive pads are much more forgiving.  You're only trying to smooth out dust nibs here, not to remove any finish.  This should leave your finish as smooth as silk.

Another thing I often use after curing to remove dust nibs is a simple brown paper grocery bag. It has enough abrasiveness to get rid of those nibs.

This ^.  Super easy, readily available and doesn't really alter your sheen at all.  Just a light rubbing over the finish will remove any dust nibs quick and easy.  

I usually wait at least 24 hours after the last coat, depending on the temp/humidity outside.  Actually have a pic frame made out of Goncolo Alves that I need to rub down and put some glass in tonight.