Unisaw table adjustment - anyone seen this before?

SeanB

Help needed! I'm trying to square my miter to the blade. I'm following Marc's tutorial on tuning a table saw (video 55,56). Everything is square with the exception of the top. I need to make a small adjustment there. I looked in the owners manual, and found the screws to move the table. I figured they would be bolts I can loosen, but they are hex bolts. Attached is a pic: Any idea what tool I need to loosen these?

Thanks!post-17582-0-97528800-1427474111_thumb.j

TC, the box store sets aren't bad huh? I'm one of those idealists you mentioned with a big gorgeous snap on boxfiled with too much money back from my days as a bmw mechanic. If I buy something now, it's the middle of the road stuff.

I say no to the hf sets from experience. I was doing a break job on a car and needed a size I had lost. Ran to hf, grabbed one, stripped out immediately. Ok my fault. Shouldn't have used it on the 3/8 air ratchet. Went back, replaced, stripped immediately with a hand ratchet.

I buy stuff at hf all the time. My criteria is easy. I won't buy anything there I need to be perfect (anything measuring related), anything that contains electrical components, and anything that I need to actually work every time I use it.

Anything else, hf it is

TC, the box store sets aren't bad huh? I'm one of those idealists you mentioned with a big gorgeous snap on boxfiled with too much money back from my days as a bmw mechanic. If I buy something now, it's the middle of the road stuff.

I say no to the hf sets from experience. I was doing a break job on a car and needed a size I had lost. Ran to hf, grabbed one, stripped out immediately. Ok my fault. Shouldn't have used it on the 3/8 air ratchet. Went back, replaced, stripped immediately with a hand ratchet.

I buy stuff at hf all the time. My criteria is easy. I won't buy anything there I need to be perfect (anything measuring related), anything that contains electrical components, and anything that I need to actually work every time I use it.

Anything else, hf it is

I agree. Kind of like Auto Zone. Oil, antifreeze, shop towels, etc., you bet. Starters, alternators, or anything you depend on to get your ass from one point to the other, no way!

Anything else, hf it is

What I'm saying is that the Husky stuff will have a slightly higher level of quality control than the HF stuff. I go to HF for cleaners, rags, wirebrushes, acid brushes, gloves, and shop consumables. It's also the only place that sells Evaporust in gallon bottles around here. 

I have SK, Mac, and SnapOn sockets and ratchets. My dad was a mechanic for 55 years and he gave me duplicate sets of his stuff. However for loosening a large sized socket head cap screw on a table saw, a set of Husky tools would do the job more than once. HF stuff will round as the metal is softer and quality is way lower. I prefer my hand tools made in America, however I'm offering the side that nearly any set will get it done.

Just throwing this out there for comparison, but the Stanley sockets, ratchets, and wrenches from Walmart have held up great for me. This includes wrenching on cars and using pipes to break bolts loose to fixing little stuff around the house.

• Like 1