Router plate recommendation

collinb

This weekend I got a good price on a (sealed, new) Router Raizer for my ELU 3338.  Next steps are

(1) Xtreme Xtension (unless another product is recommended), and

(2) to replace the phenolic to which it is attached.  The Lexan options looks adequate, but I think I'd like a little more rigidity given the weight of the ELU. Any recommendations?

1) The Xtreme Xtension is great. I have it installed in my 3HP Makita, which in turn is installed on my router table. Never had to remove it. Works great for both 1/2" and 1/4" collet router bits.

2) I have and recommend the Woodpeckers aluminum router plate. Expensive, but rock solid. A great feature is that the leveler screws are built into the plate and not a part of the table.

4 hours ago, Immortan D said:

1) The Xtreme Xtension is great. I have it installed in my 3HP Makita, which in turn is installed on my router table. Never had to remove it. Works great for both 1/2" and 1/4" collet router bits.

2) I have and recommend the Woodpeckers aluminum router plate. Expensive, but rock solid. A great feature is that the leveler screws are built into the plate and not a part of the table.

Thanks.

I didn't realize they're just a couple of hours up the road from me. Not that I'd skip work for a road trip ...

Edit: Contacted & heard back from woodpeckers. No fit for my router. :-(

3 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

I have the kreg plate. It is extremely flat,came with multiple sizes of drop on hole covers,  adjusted to dead level given the set screws provided in leveling sleeves.

Me too. It didn't hurt that it was cheaper than most of the other decent options.