dewalt 735 problem

treeslayer

ok, so i have a dewalt 735, great machine but lately the chips are ejecting out of the bottom of the cutter head instead of thru the exhaust port, not all of the chips but enough that they pile up and i get dents on the boards from the feed rollers. i tried making very light cuts and it helped as did slowing down the feed rate but the problem still exists. the set up is a craftsman vacuum to a Dust Deputy attached to a 30 gallon trash can. the problem still exists without the hose attached to the DC system although not as bad. checked the hood (clear and tight to the machine) checked the fan (blows hard enough to knock down a small child) any thoughts form you folks as I'm out of ideas, all other connections are tight, new set of Infinity blades cuts smooth as silk, thanks for the help guys

27 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

ok, so i have a dewalt 735, great machine but lately the chips are ejecting out of the bottom of the cutter head instead of thru the exhaust port, not all of the chips but enough that they pile up and i get dents on the boards from the feed rollers. i tried making very light cuts and it helped as did slowing down the feed rate but the problem still exists. the set up is a craftsman vacuum to a Dust Deputy attached to a 30 gallon trash can. the problem still exists without the hose attached to the DC system although not as bad. checked the hood (clear and tight to the machine) checked the fan (blows hard enough to knock down a small child) any thoughts form you folks as I'm out of ideas, all other connections are tight, new set of Infinity blades cuts smooth as silk, thanks for the help guys

I'm having a similar problem, and the upper chamber where you change the blades is filling up, and causing the chain to bind and not allow the top to rise for taller material.  I found one blade on the ejector to be broken, but that doesn't seem to be the cause. It's a major pain to remove all that's needed to be removed to get to the back side of the chip ejector for inspection, and that seems to be where my problem lies.  I've got a new ejector blade, I just need to get the time to tear the whole machine down to replace it, and inspect the back of the ejector casing!  Told you, that you'd like those blades!

25 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Told you, that you'd like those blades!

you were right Richard, those are definitely a major up-grade from the dewalt ones, thanks for the tip

37 minutes ago, Glen Bridges said:

A small hole has been known to wear in the shroud.

thanks Glen, i'll take a look tomorrow, its a problem that just started so something is going on somewhere

29 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I found one blade on the ejector to be broken, but that doesn't seem to be the cause.

thanks Rick, will take a look at that also. i have a lot of work to do with that machine and it needs to be fixed before i can move on with the next project