turning corian countertops

duckkisser

after 9-10 months i have finaly got on my lathe man was i missing it.  the first thing i turned was a jar from a bowling pin and i made the knob out of corian counter top so it looks like i have a stone knob on my jar.  after i finish sanding it ill post a picture.

the corian is tuff to turn light cuts and be patient.  but i think i might cut some round blanks and glue them up into a bowl. 

What size Corian blank did You use? And about what was the finished size of the knob? I have only seen Corian Pen blanks from that guy that has them on Ebay 1/2 x 1/2 x 51/4 blanks in big sets (50,100,250).

You didn't put a whole countertops in the Lathe and come out with a knob, haha. 

i used high speed steel since that is what i have at the moment just ordered some new blades my home made E-Z type tool.  and no i didnt put a whole counter on my lathe :)  i just cut it up into a few small circles and superglued them together. cant even see where it was glued together. doug dont buy them just contact a counter top maker and maybe throw a few bucks at em and you should be able to get the broken garbages ones for free or for a few dollers.  the guy i talked to gave me what ever i want out of there garbage bin.  i think that i will make a bowl and drop it off to the sales guy and see if he will put there corian aside for me.  maybe i can make bowl blanks and sell them.............hmmmmm have to make a web site.   

so my next question is if i made bowl blanks would you buy them if you saw them online?