Need ideas for a bisecting jig

sbarton22

If anyone with a brain for jig making can toss me an idea or two, I would really appreciate it. 

I'm trying to turn a form, and then cut that form into two equal halves. I assume I need to run it through the band saw, as the TS won't have enough depth.

My best guess to this point was to create a cone shape void (could be done segmented) and mount that to a base. that runs along the band saw track and doesn't cut all of the way through.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated just to give me a leaping off point, it nothing else.

Thanks

Cut a block in half on the bandsaw. Run the cuts over the jointer to clean them up. Glue the block back together with a sheet of clean newspaper or brown wrapping paper in the joint. Turn the block, sand and finish. Then use a wide sharp chisel on the joint, it will split into 2 perfect pieces.

• Like 2

Cut a block in half on the bandsaw. Run the cuts over the jointer to clean them up. Glue the block back together with a sheet of clean newspaper or brown wrapping paper in the joint. Turn the block, sand and finish. Then use a wide sharp chisel on the joint, it will split into 2 perfect pieces.

Didn't think about splitting it first. How would you mount it on the lathe so as not to cause a split and still be accurate to the center?